In addition to crafting, players may want to investigate the several gathering activities used to source materials that aide crafters.
The Crafting Guilds
The world of Vana'diel has a number of crafting guilds which players can join to craft or fish numerous items:
- Alchemy - Craft often used to create enhancing and enfeebling potions, healing medicines, enfeebling weapons, and Ninjutsu tools.
- Bonecraft - Craft which works with bones to create moderately heavy armor and a wide variety of ammunition and jewelry.
- Clothcraft - Craft which works with natural threads to craft lightweight armor and capes often used by magicians.
- Cooking - Craft which combines ingredients to make a wide variety of tasty and enhancing meals.
- Fishing - Craft which seeks to catch the fish from the oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, streams and ponds of Vana'diel.
- Goldsmithing - Craft which works with precious gems and metals to create beautiful jewelry and glittering armor.
- Leathercraft - Craft which works with animal hides to craft medium-weight and versatile armor.
- Smithing - Craft which reformulates raw ores into usable ingredients for making heavy armor and weapons.
- Woodworking - Craft which uses lumber found around Vana'diel to craft a variety of weapons, shields, ammunition and Mog House furniture.
- Note: Synergy is an out of era crafting skill and not available on Era. Some Synergy recipes are available as Custom Crafts.
Players can skill up in a craft by crafting recipes above their skill level, including any synthesis support. The skillup rate on Era is 4x the retail value.
Test items are not required on Era as they are on retail FFXI. Once you gain a single skillup in a craft and a tiny bit of time elapses, you'll find yourself listed as a Veteran in that craft. It's an automated script ran on the server side to unlock it for you.
Players may level all crafts to 100 on a single character if they'd like.
The HQ Formula
Custom Crafter Key Items
All items (2)