There is now a simple installer available for Era! While it's currently possible to connect to Era with any version of the game, this modified version of the game will fix many issues you might experience with missions, quests, and other things.
- Download the Era Installer here.
- Uninstall any other versions of FFXI or POL that you have on your computer. Be sure to copy your PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\USER folder to keep your existing macros if you have any!
- Extract the Era Installer files to your harddrive.
- Run Installer.exe. Don't cancel anything and allow it to do its work installing pre-requisites (like Visual Studio runtimes) and the the game.
- Once the installer is finished, reboot your computer.
- When your computer comes back up, launch FFera on Ashita or Windower to connect and play!
If you would like to patch an existing retail client to play on Era, or find files to use with XiPivot, you can find them here.